This excerpt taken from the VRSN 10-K filed Mar 3, 2009.
1. THIS COURT ORDERS that all capitalized terms not otherwise defined in this Interim Order shall have the meanings ascribed thereto in the draft Management Information Circular (the Circular) attached as Exhibit A to the Affidavit.
This excerpt taken from the VRSN 10-K filed Jul 12, 2007.
1) Monthly Timeframe shall mean each single calendar month beginning and ending at 0000 Greenwich Mean Time (GMT).
2) Planned Outage shall mean the periodic pre-announced occurrences when the SRS will be taken out of service for maintenance or care. Planned Outages will be scheduled only during the following window period of time each week, 0100 to 0900 GMT on Sunday (the Planned Outage Period). This Planned Outage Period may be changed from time to time by VNDS, in its sole discretion, upon prior notice to each Registrar. Planned Outages will not exceed 4 hours per calendar week beginning at 12:00 am GMT Monday nor total more than 8 hours/per month. Notwithstanding the foregoing, each year VNDS may incur 2 additional Planned Outages of up to 12 hrs in duration during the Planned Outage Period for major systems or software upgrades (Extended Planned Outages). These Extended Planned Outages represent total allowed Planned Outages for the month.
3) Shared Registration System (SRS) Availability shall mean when the SRS is operational. By definition, this does not include Planned Outages or Extended Planned Outages.
4) SRS Unavailability shall mean when, as a result of a failure of systems within VNDS control, the Registrar is unable to either:
a) establish a session with the SRS gateway which shall be defined as:
1) successfully complete a TCP session start,
2) successfully complete the SSL authentication handshake, and
3) successfully complete the registry registrar protocol (RRP) or extensible provisioning protocol (EPP) session command.
b) execute a 3 second average round trip for 95% of the RRP or EPP check domain commands and/or less than 5 second average round trip for 95% of the RRP add or EPP create domain commands, from the SRS Gateway, through the SRS system, back to the SRS Gateway as measured during each Monthly Timeframe.
5) Unplanned Outage Time shall mean all of the following:
a) the amount of time recorded between a trouble ticket first being opened by VNDS in response to a Registrars claim of SRS Unavailability for that Registrar through the time when the Registrar and VNDS agree the SRS Unavailability has been resolved with a final fix or a temporary work around, and the trouble ticket has been closed. This will be considered SRS Unavailability only for those individual Registrars impacted by the outage.
b) the amount of time recorded between a trouble ticket first being opened by VNDS in the event of SRS Unavailability that affects all Registrars through the time when VNDS resolves the problem with a final fix or a temporary work around, and the trouble ticket has been closed.
c) the amount of time that Planned Outage time exceeds the limits established in A.2 above.
d) the amount of time that Planned Outage time occurs outside the window of time established in A.2 above.
6) Monthly Unplanned Outage Time shall be the sum of minutes of all Unplanned Outage Time during the Monthly Timeframe. Each minute of Unplanned Outage Time subtracts from the available Monthly Planned Outage Time up to 4 hours.
7) WHOIS Service shall mean the Whois server running on port 43 of whois.crsnic.net and whois.verisign-grs.net.
8) Global Top Level Domain (GTLD) Name Server shall mean any GTLD Name Server under SLD GTLD-SERVERS.NET (e.g. A.GTLD-SERVERS.NET).
This excerpt taken from the VRSN 10-K filed Mar 16, 2005.