This excerpt taken from the VRSN DEF 14A filed Jul 27, 2007.
Notice of the 2007 Annual Meeting of Stockholders
TO OUR STOCKHOLDERS:
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that the 2007 Annual Meeting of Stockholders of VeriSign, Inc. will be held at our corporate offices located at 487 East Middlefield Road, Mountain View, California on Thursday, August 30, 2007 at 10:00 a.m., Pacific Time. The 2007 Annual Meeting of Stockholders is being held for the following purposes:
1. To elect three Class III directors of VeriSign, each to serve a one-year term (if Proposal No. 2 is approved) or a three-year term (if Proposal No. 2 is not approved), or until a successor has been elected and qualified or until the directors earlier resignation or removal.
2. To approve a Fourth Amended and Restated Certificate of Incorporation to eliminate our classified board structure and provide for the annual election of directors.
3. To approve our 2007 Employee Stock Purchase Plan.
4. To ratify the selection of KPMG LLP as our independent registered public accounting firm for the year ending December 31, 2007.
5. To transact such other business as may properly come before the Meeting or any adjournment thereof.
The foregoing items of business are more fully described in the proxy statement accompanying this Notice.
Only stockholders of record at the close of business on July 13, 2007 are entitled to notice of and to vote at the 2007 Annual Meeting of Stockholders or any adjournment thereof.
Mountain View, California
July 27, 2007
WHETHER OR NOT YOU EXPECT TO ATTEND THE MEETING, PLEASE COMPLETE, DATE, SIGN AND PROMPTLY RETURN THE ACCOMPANYING PROXY IN THE ENCLOSED POSTAGE-PAID ENVELOPE OR COMPLETE THE PROXY ELECTRONICALLY OR BY PHONE AS DESCRIBED ON THE PROXY CARD AND UNDER INTERNET AND TELEPHONE VOTING IN THE ATTACHED PROXY STATEMENT SO THAT YOUR SHARES MAY BE REPRESENTED AT THE MEETING.