This excerpt taken from the VZ 10-K filed Feb 26, 2010.
Summarized Financial Information
Summarized financial information for our equity investees is as follows:
Noncontrolling interests in equity of subsidiaries were as follows:
Wireless Joint Venture
Our Domestic Wireless segment, Cellco Partnership doing business as Verizon Wireless (Verizon Wireless) is a joint venture formed in April 2000 by the combination of the U.S. wireless operations and interests of Verizon and Vodafone. Verizon owns a controlling 55% interest in Verizon Wireless and Vodafone owns the remaining 45%.