Vodafone Group 6-K 2010
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Report of Foreign Private Issuer
Pursuant to Rules 13a-16 or 15d-16 under
the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Dated June 7, 2010
Commission File Number: 001-10086
PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY
(Translation of registrants name into English)
VODAFONE HOUSE, THE CONNECTION, NEWBURY, BERKSHIRE, RG14 2FN, ENGLAND
(Address of principal executive offices)
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant files or will file annual reports under cover Form 20-F or Form 40-F.
Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(1):
Indicate by check mark if the registrant is submitting the Form 6-K in paper as permitted by Regulation S-T Rule 101(b)(7):
Indicate by check mark whether the registrant by furnishing the information contained in this Form is also thereby furnishing the information to the Commission pursuant to Rule 12g3-2(b) under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
If Yes is marked, indicate below the file number assigned to the registrant in connection with Rule 12g3-2(b): 82- .
THIS REPORT ON FORM 6-K SHALL BE DEEMED TO BE INCORPORATED BY REFERENCE IN EACH OF THE REGISTRATION STATEMENT ON FORM F-3 (FILE NO. 333-144978), THE REGISTRATION STATEMENT ON FORM S-8 (FILE NO. 333-81825) AND THE REGISTRATION STATEMENT ON FORM S-8 (FILE NO. 333-149634) OF VODAFONE GROUP PUBLIC LIMITED COMPANY AND TO BE A PART THEREOF FROM THE DATE ON WHICH THIS REPORT IS FURNISHED, TO THE EXTENT NOT SUPERSEDED BY DOCUMENTS OR REPORTS SUBSEQUENTLY FILED OR FURNISHED.
CAPITALIZATION AND INDEBTEDNESS
The following table sets out our called up share capital, and the borrowings and indebtedness of Vodafone Group Plc, its consolidated subsidiaries and share of joint ventures, referred to as the Group, at March 31, 2010.
* Certain mark to market adjustments on financing instruments are included within derivative financial instruments, a component of trade and other payables
(1) At March 31, 2010, all borrowings and indebtedness are unsecured, except for indebtedness in respect of Vodafone Essar of INR150.5 billion and Vodafone Holdings SA Pty Limited of ZAR4.85 billion. Security over a further INR 2 billion of borrowings of Vodafone Essar was given in May 2010
(2) At March 31, 2010, the Group had contingent indebtedness relating to outstanding guarantees, performance bonds and other contingent indebtedness items totaling £818 million.
(3) At March 31, 2010, the Group had cash and cash equivalents of £4,423 million, investments in index linked government bonds of £388 million and trade and other receivables which comprise certain mark to market adjustments on financing instruments of £2,128 million, giving total net borrowings and indebtedness of £33,316 million.
(4) The Groups outstanding US and euro commercial paper, reported within short-term borrowings in the above table, increased by 209 million and decreased by US$204 million between March 31, 2010 and May 18, 2010.
(5) Other than the changes mentioned in the above footnotes and changes due to movements in foreign exchange rates, there has been no material change in the capitalization and indebtedness of the Group since March 31, 2010.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned, thereunto duly authorised.