Whole Foods Market 8-K 2012
SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington, D.C. 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d) of
the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported): March 9, 2012
WHOLE FOODS MARKET, INC.
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
550 Bowie Street
Austin, Texas 78703
(Address of principal executive offices)
Registrants telephone number, including area code
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions (see General Instruction A.2.):
o Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)
o Soliciting materials pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)
o Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))
o Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))
Item 5.07 Submission of Matters to a Vote of Security Holders
The Company convened its annual meeting of shareholders on March 9, 2012 pursuant to notice duly given. The matters voted upon at the meeting and the results of such voting are set forth below:
1. To elect eleven directors to the Board of Directors of the Company to serve one-year terms expiring at the later of the Annual Meeting of Shareholders in 2013 or upon a successor being elected and qualified. All director nominees were duly elected.
2. To ratify the appointment of Ernst & Young, LLP as independent auditor for the Company for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2012. This proposal was approved.
3. To ratify compensation packages granted to named executive officers. This proposal was approved.
4. To approve an amendment to the Companys Articles of Incorporation to increase the number of authorized shares of the Companys common stock from 300 million to 600 million. This proposal was approved.
5. To adopt the shareholder proposal amending the bylaws to permit removal of a director either with or without cause. This proposal was approved.
6. To adopt the shareholder proposal requiring the Chairman of the Board of Directors to be an independent director, whenever possible. This proposal was not approved.
Item 8.01 Other Events
On March 9, 2012 the Companys Board of Directors declared a dividend of $0.14 per share, payable April 17, 2012 to shareholders of record at the close of business on April 5, 2012.
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.