QUOTE AND NEWS




 
TOP CONTRIBUTORS

Wright Medical Group, Inc. (WMGI) is a global orthopedic device company specializing in the design, manufacture, and marketing of reconstructive joint devices and bio-orthopedic materials. Reconstructive joint devices are used to replace knee, hip, and other joints that have deteriorated through disease or injury. Bio-orthopedic materials are used to replace damaged or diseased bones, and to stimulate natural bone growth. Wright Medical primarily operates through three divisions: Orthopedic Implants, Orthobiologic Products, and Other Products. Through these divisions, the company offers large joint implants for the hip and knee extremity implants for the hand, elbow, shoulder, foot, and ankle and both synthetic and tissue-based bone graft substitute materials. The company derives revenue entirely from product sales. In 2006, Orthopedic Implants (hips, knees, extremities) generated 77% of revenue, Orthobiologic Products generated 19%, and Other Products generated 4%. The company distributes its products in over 60 countries around the world, through a combination of direct sales personnel and a network of independent distributors. In 2006, domestic sales were 62% of total revenues, and international contributed the remaining 38%. The company's website is www.wmt.com.




References

Wikinvest © 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012. Use of this site is subject to express Terms of Service, Privacy Policy, and Disclaimer. By continuing past this page, you agree to abide by these terms. Any information provided by Wikinvest, including but not limited to company data, competitors, business analysis, market share, sales revenues and other operating metrics, earnings call analysis, conference call transcripts, industry information, or price targets should not be construed as research, trading tips or recommendations, or investment advice and is provided with no warrants as to its accuracy. Stock market data, including US and International equity symbols, stock quotes, share prices, earnings ratios, and other fundamental data is provided by data partners. Stock market quotes delayed at least 15 minutes for NASDAQ, 20 mins for NYSE and AMEX. Market data by Xignite. See data providers for more details. Company names, products, services and branding cited herein may be trademarks or registered trademarks of their respective owners. The use of trademarks or service marks of another is not a representation that the other is affiliated with, sponsors, is sponsored by, endorses, or is endorsed by Wikinvest.
Powered by MediaWiki